Sunday, February 1, 2015

Soaring!

Looking at the Hudson River from our new porch.
North Creek Rafting is slowly moving it's headquarter to the river! We want to hear the laughing river that drove into our soul outside our door.
Our new office exists behind this purple door.
Owls keep me company as I work.

Magic happens here.
What a week! I started it moved into my very new office. I dismantled my in-home office the prior day and moved it here, our new house with separate office space in North River. Surrounded by all my speech and language resources, files and materials, I did my first paperwork. As I sat here writing progress notes, my toes were cold and my throat slightly ached. The satisfaction I felt working at Grandma's desk, in the old BCHS chair that Grandpa scored, surrounded by everything I've worked so hard for for 20 years felt right. It was a bitter cold weekend and being on the river added a layer to the chill. I cruised by my office for years as I traveled around the Adirondack Park seeing clients. It's 8 minutes from our home in North Creek and next to our take-out for Hudson River Gorge trips. The first day I left my office to see a client, an eagle soared over the frazil-filled river. Next door to my office and a few steps closer to the river, North Creek Rafting Company's headquarters is taking shape.
We decked the wall with a ship in honor of Captain George, the kind soul who created this office space. 
Enormous pines lead the way to the blank slate where rafters will someday congregate.
North Creek Rafting Company, always flowing and changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment